You might see rehearsal dinners as simply a precursor to the grand event. However, it is just as important and intimate as the wedding itself. In this gathering, people—usually close friends, relatives, and the bridal party—prepare speeches, toasts, and prayers.
An example of a short wedding rehearsal dinner prayer goes, “Lord, we thank You for this celebration of love. Watch over (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) and grant them patience, grace, and strength as they step into the biggest commitment of their lives so far.”
Below are 15 examples of prayers you can recite at a rehearsal dinner.
Prayers for Rehearsal Dinner: Wonderful Examples
1. Dear God, thank you for bringing (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) together and letting us celebrate their love. We ask that You bless them as they prepare to make their vows to each other. May their marriage be filled with joy, compassion, and commitment. Watch over them and guide them in the days and years ahead.
2. Heavenly Father, our hearts are filled with joy and gratitude as we witness the love between (partner’s name) and (partner’s name), who are soon to be joined in marriage.
We thank You for bringing them together, and we ask that You bless their rehearsal celebration. Fill their hearts with joy and excitement for the new life they will share together as husband and wife. Watch over them now and always. In Your mighty name, we pray, Amen.
3. God, thank You for bringing us all here together in Fiji safely, and may the rest of the guests arrive safely as well. We thank You for Your grace and kindness in giving us great weather and the opportunity to celebrate this wonderful event together.
May tonight’s rehearsal dinner go as planned, and may we all get enough rest tonight so we can be our best selves tomorrow.
4. Dear (God/Universe/Divine), we give thanks to You for letting two families gather on this beautiful day so we can prepare to become one. Bless the love that brought (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) together, and may You look down upon them kindly as they enter this new chapter of their lives. Lastly, may this meal represent the ups and downs, the joys and challenges they will face together on this journey.
5. Blessed be this union between (partner’s name) and (partner’s name), where their souls are intertwining to form a harmonious melody. As we all partake in this meal, let us also share in their joy, supporting them with love and guidance throughout their marital journey.
6. Gracious God, thank you for the gift of marriage and the blessing of wedded love. We humbly ask that You guide (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) as they prepare for their wedding day.
May this rehearsal dinner be a time of lighthearted fun and warm company. Grant everyone patience and grace as we walk through these final preparations. And more than anything else, unite them ever more closely to you and to each other. In Your holy name, Amen.
7. As (partner’s name), (partner’s name), and our families blend our traditions, backgrounds, and stories, may this rehearsal dinner signify the beautiful tapestry of love they weave. Bless this gathering, the food, and the love that surrounds us.
8. May this meal be a testament to the love and dedication shared between (partner’s name) and (partner’s name). May their love remain resilient and steadfast through the trials and triumphs, the storms and sunny days of marriage. Grant them strength, patience, and endless love as they prepare to embark on this beautiful journey.
9. Loving God, we praise Your plan for bringing together (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) in love. As we rehearse for their wedding day, we ask that You fill their hearts with joy and anticipation. Lead them to the altar with confidence and faith, trusting in your steadfast love. Unite them as one in heart, body, and spirit. Shelter their marriage under your care.
May You also bless their family and friends gathered here in celebration. We pray for good weather and even better spirits tomorrow. We ask this in Your holy name, Amen.
10. Gracious Father, we thank You for Your presence here tonight as we celebrate (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) and their commitment to join as husband and wife.
Please give them the gifts of wisdom, understanding, and joy as they establish their new home.
Surround them with family and friends who will honor their marriage and support them in difficult times.
By your blessing, may their love continue to grow deeper and stronger. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
11. Lord, You are the author of peace, lover of harmony, and source of all affection. We dedicate this wedding rehearsal dinner prayer to You. May Your presence here allow us to celebrate without forgetting to stay mindful and grateful for what we have.
Pour out Your blessings upon (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) as they prepare to exchange vows. Unite them in an unbroken bond of mutual affection. And bring them at last to the marriage feast which has no end. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.
12. By the Sun that keeps us warm, the Moon that guides our dreams, and the Stars that watch over us—bless this meal and the union of (partner’s name) and (partner’s name). May their love flourish and grow as the tides ebb and flow.
13. Lord, we thank You for this celebration of love. Watch over (partner’s name) and (partner’s name) and grant them patience, grace, and strength as they step into the biggest commitment of their lives so far.
14. Dear (God/deity/name), we look to You for guidance and strength as we stand on the cusp of a beautiful tomorrow. We realize how overwhelming this can be, especially for (partner’s name) and (partner’s name), as the future cannot be known.
We pray that their lives be a symphony of dreams realized, challenges met, and love celebrated. We pray for good health and great fortune.
Bless the food we’re eating and let it fortify our bodies and spirits. As these two souls unite, may their love reverberate, enriching all who are fortunate enough to bear witness.
15. Faithful God, we pray that You nurture the love between this lovely couple as they rehearse for their wedding. As they are surrounded by the warmth of family and friends, please walk with them into a blessed marriage.
Prayers have many purposes, and a prayer can mean different things to different people. However, at its core, a prayer for a wedding rehearsal dinner is one way of expressing your well-wishes to the nearlyweds—especially concerning their wedding the next day.